And He answered and said unto them, "I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Scribblings # 230

Sunday Scribblings # 230 Faith

Do you have faith in the future, faith in your friends or family, faith in your car starting, the floor being there in the morning, or in a religion or religious figure?  Is there someone in your life named Faith?  Do you have faith in humanity or goodness or animals or superheroes or simply that the sun will rise tomorrow morning?  Is faith something we all need in some way or another?  What do you think about faith?


I know what my faith is and what it is in. My faith is trust, but it's more than trust. It's a certainty, beyond a shadow of a doubt. There is a Bible verse in the old King James Version which says:

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Heb. 11:1

My faith is in Jesus.

I do not have faith in institutions, such as denominations. Nor do I place my faith and trust in leaders, such as pastors. They are men, nothing more. Some are corrupt and perverse; we hear it all the time. Some are wonderful people who devote their lives to what they believe in. But I cannot put my trust in such a person because I know that they will fail me. Seen it too many times.

I have put my faith in my family. I love my family but it would be foolish--no, insane--to put all my hopes and dreams into them. They will fail my hopes and dreams because they have their own journey and their own dreams. It would not be fair to them to do that.

I have chosen to put my faith in something and Someone far beyond my limited capabilities.

1 comment:

Sh@s said...

I have faith in the invisible and in something divine. The Supreme.
Its tough to have faith in the mortals coz they keep breaking it on n off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...