And He answered and said unto them, "I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Birthday

I'm sorry if this is a mere recap from year to year.

Today is my mom and my own birthday. On Sept. 11th, 2001, My youngest was 6 mos old, my daughter was 2 1/2 and my oldest just under 5.

I happened to turn on ABC and Peter Jennings was on. That was unusual because it was so early; saw one of the twin towers on fire. I turned the t.v. on PBS so that my little ones could watch something nice and safe. That's all we did that day was watch t.v. and I don't apologize.

I remember watching the second plane crash into the other tower and thought it was a joke. Then news of the Pentagon. Then the towers fell. I remember screaming "No" and my kids got up and wanted to know what was wrong. I shuffled them back to Teletubbies or whatever was on at the time and made them lunch.

My mom was in FL and I couldn't get a hold of her. I tried all day. Became a little frantic. She was in the Keys with my aunties and was safe.

I can't forget that day because it was my birthday. But it changed the way I look at little things like birthdays.

1 comment:

Amy Meyer said...

I remember I couldn't take it all in. I had just received bad news about some cancer tests the day before so the whole two days seemed surreal.

My husband has a difficult birthday too, so my heart goes out to you. His birthday is April 20.

There is a website out there where you can look up amazing things that happened on your birthday and even the day you were born. I bet a search would pull something wonderful up for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...