And He answered and said unto them, "I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

Monday, January 4, 2010

Carry On Tuesday # 33

Your prompt for Tuesday January 5th

This week our prompt is taken from a quote attributed to the poet Ella Wheeler Wilcox.


We laugh, we weep, we hope, we fear

Use all or part of it within your poem or prose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow will bless

I smoothed his dark hair
And he giggled when I touched his neck.
I kissed his smooth, soft cheek
and watched him snuggle into his pillow.

I shut his light off
with a click
and my heavy footsteps
creaked on our
hardwood floor.

I paused
as I shut off
the hall light.

He sat by himself today
Away from his classmates.

He is immature
and sweet,
clumsy, struggling,
and kind.
His road so alike and so different
from his brother.

I held him as a baby
And prayed.
A mother has so many dreams
for herself
for her child.

We laugh, we weep, we hope, we fear.
And we pray
that tomorrow will bless
our children.

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved

For more creative poems, please click here.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

i can feel the love in this as goose bumps form on my arms.

lovely.

Anonymous said...

He certainly sounds blessed. A beautiful poem.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, and well said. What a blessed child indeed, something we all wish for.

Time Escapes Us

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. Great use of the prompt and its great to read something I can relate to.

Time Escapes Us

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...