And He answered and said unto them, "I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

Friday, July 24, 2009

Creative Challenge # 62

Marvin's Pond

An eight hour ride

to my father's childhood home.

Blazing heat, moist air,

No television, one radio with one station,

And the lonely only-me.

How I hated those trips to the boredom

of nothing,

when all I had to do was to read poetry all day,

to walk the gravel road in the heavy summer air,

to hear the crickets and bees and bob whites whistle.

Then to toss and turn as the frogs called each other

into the night filled with stars.

I am a mother now

and wish that I could bring my children

back to my uncle's farm

and sit in the quiet summer days

fishing in his pond.

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved.

For more creative entries, please click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...